CA Billing is looking to add to our growing medical billing company. We specialize mainly in the Behavioral/Mental Health industry. The position we are looking to fill is for a Full-Time Insurance Payment Poster position. A minimum of 2 years of experience working as an Insurance Payment Poster is required. This is not a data entry position. Must have extensive experience applying insurance payments from paper EOB’s and Electronic ERA’s. Here are some of the additional job requirements we are looking for.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply all insurance payments both electronically and manually.
- Enter insurance payments in multiple systems.
- Identify payment inaccuracies and track down missing payment info from insurance carriers and CA Billing clients.
- Communicate in a professional manner with CA Billing clients.
- Ability to critically think and look a patient’s entire payment history and notice if a particular payment is inconsistent with prior payments or is inaccurate.
- Use insurance payer portals to locate payments / EOB’s.
- Verifies all payment activity completed to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Reports problems encountered immediately including unreadable data and unacceptable data to appropriate individual.
- Properly communicate and document payment denials in the practice management system and to the appropriate billing representative – AR and/or Billing Manager.
- Documenting revenue coming in from clients.
- Verify all EFT deposits and scanned checks have been posted daily.
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients and resolve payment issues.
- Create monthly invoices for clients
- Maintain accurate revenue reporting in billing software
- Maintain ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of the team
- Perform various clerical and typing duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Analytical Mindset
- Problem Solver
- Critical thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Quick Learner
- Excellent Oral & Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Client Relations
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Alpha/Numeric Keyboard Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience as Insurance Payment Poster
- Knowledge of how health insurance works / EOB’s / Insurance payments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / specifically Excel / Mac OS & Salesforce a plus
- Any accounting / bookkeeping experience is a plus
Industry: Behavioral Health/Mental Health
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Type: Full-time